Wiki Loves Earth is an annual international photo contest of the natural monuments, where participants picture protected areas and upload their photos to Wikimedia Commons.
The goal of the project is, on one hand, to picture under a free license as many natural monuments and protected areas as possible, on the other hand, to contribute to nature protection by raising public awareness. These pictures are to be used to illustrate articles on Wikipedia and other Wikiprojects (Wikivoyage, Wikinews, Wikiquote etc.).
The contest is also hosted in Greece since 2016, by the Wikimedia User Group Greece.
- Register on Commons or login, using your personal account.
- Find the lists of natural objects for your country.
- Upload your photos from protected areas.
To take part in the Wiki Loves Earth contest, a submission should:
- Be self uploaded during the contest period (May 2018);
You are also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. What matters is that photos must be uploaded during the contest period.
- Be self taken;
All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors. Photos uploaded by anyone else than author (even with permission) are not accepted.
- Be under a free license;
- Contain an identified natural monument / natural park / protected area etc.;
Look at the list of eligible sites. If you follow the upload links from the list the appropriate ID will be filled for you. Otherwise you must fill it yourself and correctly.
- Have at least 2Mpx;
Photos under 2Mpx can be submitted through the form but will be disqualified from the contest. We suggest to upload the best resolution you have.
- A participant should have an activated e-mail address via Preferences of his/her account.
- The winners must provide the information needed to receive their prizes by the end of September 2018.